What is it?
- Have you ever used Outlook.com (external link), Hotmail, Office 365, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, or Windows? The email address and password you use for any of those services is your Microsoft account. If not, it’s easy to create a free account with your email address or phone number at account.microsoft.com (external link).
- Your Microsoft account gives you access to apps and games from Microsoft Store, and lets you see your settings and other stuff across multiple Windows 10 devices. Read more about the benefits of Microsoft account (external link).
Sign in online
Manage your account information online including recent activity, billing options, and family settings. Here’s how:
- Go to the Microsoft account page (external link) and select Sign in with Microsoft.
- Enter your email address or phone number and password.
- To save your Microsoft account and password on your PC so that you don’t have to sign in every time, select the Keep me signed in check box.
Troubleshoot problems signing in to your Microsoft account. (external link)
Sign in on Windows 10
Sign in to your Microsoft account on your Windows 10 device to sync your settings and Microsoft Store purchases across all your devices. You can set up a new device with your Microsoft account, or if you already made a user account, follow these steps to add your Microsoft account:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Email & app accounts.
- Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
- Follow the prompts to switch to your Microsoft account.
Open Email & app accounts setting (external link)