Install or re-install on a PC or Mac
The first time you start your new computer you are prompted to register your pre-installed LiveSafe product. During registration, you will be asked if you agree to share information with McAfee. If you select this option, your LiveSafe product is automatically set up for you as part of your computer’s normal setup process. If you do not select this option, you can still activate your LiveSafe product later by selecting the McAfee tile and creating (or logging in to) a McAfee account.
If you purchased a LiveSafe retail card, you can redeem your purchase using the steps in TS101807.
IMPORTANT: If you are using a Mac, before you begin, open your Downloads folder and verify that it does not contain an older version of the McAfee installer .dmg file. If you find one, rename the file. Having an older copy in your Downloads folder could cause your Mac to mount the wrong installer and prevent your product from successfully activating. See the Related Information section of this article for more details.
- Open your web browser and go to http://home.mcafee.com from the additional Mac or PC you are installing on.
- Click My Account, Sign in.
- Type your email address and password, and click Log In.If you do not have a McAfee account, select Are you a new user? Register Now, follow the prompts to create your McAfee account, and click Log In.If you want the website to remember your user name in the future, select Remember Me.
- Click My Account.
- Select the correct LiveSafe product subscription, and then click Download.NOTE:You can also choose to install additional programs that you have purchased.
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) and click I Agree to accept the terms and continue to the download and installation.
- Follow the instructions to install and configure your McAfee software.